3 Best Screen Recording Software For Windows 10 Users
Windows 10 is still the most common operating system in the world now. In this article, I’ve compiled top 3 best screen recording software for Windows 10 users to save your time and effort. These programs are not only easy to use but also powerful for recording screen, webcam and audio from your computer.
Top 3 Screen Recording Software in this post:
- ActivePresenter (Recommended for free users).
- Camtasia 2020 (Recommended for professional educator).
- Obs Studio (Recommended for gamers).
In order to decide which screen recorder is right for you, it’s important to understand the basic. Each screen recording software is designed for a specific purpose. To choose the right software, you need to consider your needs, your computer’s specification and the features you really need. Free screen recorder often comes along with screen recording functions only. Video and audio editing features are usually not included in these freeware. Except for some software that I mentioned below.
ActivePresenter is the best all-in-one screen recording software, video editor and eLearning authoring tool for Windows 10 you can use now. It has everything you need to record screen, record webcam, record your audio and system sound and export your screen recording into different video formats and HTML5. The program offers a wide variety of built-in annotation presets and advance features for making software tutorials such as zoom and pan effect, spotlight effect, text to speech, blur moving object, customize mouse cursor and so many things more. Take a look at below tutorial to learn more about ActivePresenter.
- Intuitive user interface
- Free to use without watermark, no time limit.
- Record screen, audio and webcam in different tracks.
- Has advance tools for editing recorded videos
- Has different mouse cursor effect options.
- Tons of useful features for making online training videos such as annotation presets, zoom and pan effect.
- Has advance audio editor.
- Export recorded video into MP3, AVI, MOV, MKV.
- Fast video rendering speed.
- Great technical support from Atomi’s team.
- No color adjustment option.
- Editing video is not as easy as other classic timeline video editors on the market.
- ActivePresenter free version is available for personal and non-commercial use.
- ActivePresenter Standard: $199/ lifetime.
- ActivePresenter Pro: $399/ lifetime.
- ActivePresenter Pro Edu: $199/ lifetime.
- Upgrade cost: 40%/ full price.
Camtasia is another great screen recording software for creating online training videos, how to tutorial, software demos and elearning courses. Like ActivePresenter, Camtasia is cable of recording screen video in different modes, record your webcam, audio and mouse cursor as well as includes a wide variety of video editing features for making training videos. The program offers a classic timeline editor where users can drag and drop videos, images, and animated templates from its library onto the timeline to make videos. Added to that, Camtasia has tons of animation effect, transitions and annotations presets too. Take a look at this tutorial for beginners to learn more about Camtasia screen recording software:
- Simple to use.
- Possible to record screen, audio, webcam and save into different tracks.
- Record and edit mouse cursor.
- Draw on the screen while recording.
- Has advance video editing features such as animation keyframe, audio mixer.
- Load of annotation presets, callouts and behaviors.
- Possible to add quizzes, survey question to video, and export project into video formats and HTML5.
- Video rendering speed is relatively fast compare to other similar programs on the market.
- Color grading tool is not as powerful as other professional video editor.
- License price is pricey.
- System requirement is high.
- Free trial for 30 days.
- Camtasia Single license: $249/ lifetime.
- Camtasia Education license: $169/ lifetime.
- Camtasia Upgrade:$99/ license.
3. OBS STUDIO
OBS STUDIO is a free and open source screen recording software for recording games and live streaming. This program includes all recording options for those of you who want to get a free screen recorder without watermark, or time limit to make software tutorials, or training videos. It can also be used as a live streaming platform for YouTube, or Facebook too. If you only need to record screen, your webcam and audio, OBS STUDIO is a great option as it’s complete free to use. You don’t have to pay anything to get it. Take a look at this tutorial for beginners to learn more about OBS Studio:
- Free and open source
- Possible to record screen, webcam and audio.
- Record mouse cursor.
- Record high fps gameplay.
- Lives streaming platform.
- Has chroma key, and some advance features for live streaming.
- Steep learning curve.
- No video editing tools.
- No technical support.
- Some times it lags.
Most screen recording software are designed for creating online training videos. Some of them are designed for recording game-plays. There are many other great programs out there. However, these are our best picks. I hope you like the post. If you have any question about these programs, don’t hesitate to contact us any time.